Tuesdays and Thursdays:
6:30 – 8:00pm
8:00 – 9:15am (Weapons class)
Free Trial: Your first lesson in Kendo and/or Aikido is free.
1. Month-to-month Membership: $65.00 per month (includes unlimited classes in both Kendo and/or Aikido)
2. Two family members: $110.00/month a savings of $20/month!
3. First Aikido Uniform: $25.00
Note: No serious student will be turned away due to financial hardship. Sliding scale is available at the discretion of the head instructor.
Federation and Organizational Fees
Both Cleveland Kendo and Lake Shore Aikido are part of a wider community of national and international organizations who provide instruction, guidance, accreditation, and promotion exams to our instructors and students. All students are required to become members of these organizations depending on which martial art you practice.
1. Kendo Federation Membership*: $55.00 (collected once per year in January)
2. Aikido Federation Membership**: $45.00 (collected once per year in January)
*Includes membership in the Greater Northeastern U.S. Kendo Federation and the All United States Kendo Federation.
**Includes membership in the Aikido Schools of Ueshiba.
Tuition is paid on a monthly basis due the first of the month.
“If you always practice slowly, you don’t understand speed. If you always practice fast, you don’t understand the heart of slowness. You need to practice in different ways at different times, in order to train different parts of yourself. By training in all sorts of techniques, from the front and from the rear, stepping forward and stepping back, you are polished and purified through practice. Through this process, your whole being begins to shine.” – MOTOMICHI ANNO SHIHAN